Mentor Information and Application
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Women's Resource Center Youth Mentor. Your gift of time will be important to the young woman you work with. Please read our eligibility requirements below.
- I am at least 21 years old and have a post secondary degree.
- I identify as a woman.
- I am able to meet with my mentee two (2) times per month.
- I am able to connect with my mentee at least by phone, text, or email at least two (2) times per month.
- I have a valid license and current auto insurance.
- I have reliable transportation and a clean driving record for at least three (3) years.
- I have no criminal record involving violent crime.
- I will attend an in-person interview with a representative of the Women's Resource Center and attend an orientation training before meeting with my mentee.
- I will allow the Women's Resource Center to conduct a background, sex offender, and driving record check.
- I will submit one personal and one professional reference prior to my orientation.
- I will communicate with Women's Resource Center staff about my meetings with my mentee.
- I understand that if I am not selected to become a mentor, the reason for this decision will not be disclosed to me.
If you have read and agree to the following conditions and requirements, please complete our application. A representative from the Women's Resource Center will contact you within one week to complete the application process.