But what about...?
Will I get to pick my mentor?
- You will be paired up with a mentor after a representative of the Women's Resource Center meets all the youth and mentor applicants. We will do our best to pair you with someone that has similar interests and/or works in a field that you think you might want to pursue.
Will I have the same mentor until I graduate?
- We hope so, but that may not always be possible. We will do our best to support your match and help keep things going well.
Will my mentor be a woman?
- Yes. We will only pair youth with adult women who have a college degree and who pass a background and driving record check.
What do I have to do?
- It's pretty simple. You have to agree to meet with your mentor two (2) times per month. Your mentor will also check in with you by phone, text, or email twice a month too.
- You have to keep your GPA at or above a 2.5.
- You have to go to school on-time and every day.
- You have to attend at least three mentoring program events during the school year.
- Have some fun!