But what about...?
Will I get to pick my mentor?
- You will be paired up with a mentor after a representative of the Women's Resource Center meets all the youth and mentor applicants. We will do our best to pair you with someone that has similar interests and/or works in a field that you think you might want to pursue.
Will I have the same mentor until I graduate?
- We hope so, but that may not always be possible. We will do our best to support your match and help keep things going well.
Will my mentor be a woman?
- Yes. We will only pair youth with adult women who have a college degree and who pass a background and driving record check.
What do I have to do?
- It's pretty simple. You have to agree to meet with your mentor two (2) times per month. Your mentor will also check in with you by phone, text, or email twice a month too.
- You have to keep your GPA at or above a 2.5.
- You have to go to school on-time and every day.
- You have to attend at least three mentoring program events during the school year.
- Have some fun!
Welcome to the WRC Young Women's Mentoring Program. To participate in the program you meet the following eligibility requirements.
If you are interested participating in the program, please have a parent or guardian fill out our application below.
Youth Information and Application